Apr 4, 2011

Anticipation and Paint Cans

A couple weeks ago, after being super sick and laying on the couch for days, I decided that we needed a new couch NOW. I was tired of sitting on that thing seeing as how it is the most uncomfortable thing you could have ever imagined. So, after laying for days, I finally told Michael that we were going to buy one that night. After not too much hesitation, he gave in and we decided to run to Granite Furniture where we had seen one that we wanted. It was 7:15pm and the store closed at eight. Seeing as how we now live in Farmington, and the store was clear in West Jordan on 9000 S, we decided we needed to hurry down there to get there before they closed at 8:00. Yup, we got there in less than 25 min, and were there before they closed. After looking around a little bit we found one that was exactly what we were looking for! Since it had to be ordered we wouldn't get it for about three weeks, so we are still waiting in anticipation for it. However here is a picture of the one we will SOON (hopefully) be getting! On another note, we finally got around to painting some! I was super excited to start making it look like OUR house, adding our own little touches of things, and we finally started the task. I had originally wanted to paint the kitchen and bathroom, but since we decided to get the couch we figured we should probably do the family room instead of the bathroom. So, during spring break, my mom came up and we got to work! When we first started the family room we decided to go darker (going against what my mom suggested) and we absolutely HATED the color. It was like a flesh color... not what you really want on your wall... so we had to paint again. This time Michael got smart and he went to Home Depot, where he got the new primer/paint in one. It was AWESOME and we now have a wonderful color on the walls for our new couch to go in! Also, we painted the kitchen, after needing to go back to the store to fix the color, we finally got it right and we now have a beautiful new RED kitchen! I think its so cute. Not too much red, just an accent, something I have always wanted! A red kitchen! Now on to our other projects, the bathroom, our bedroom, and the living room! And hopefully my wonderful mother comes and helps again!! THANKS MOM for the help!

No comments:

Post a Comment