Sep 5, 2009

Flight to Jackson Hole!

Yesterday I had the incredible chance to fly to Jackson Hole. Now, that doesn't sound THAT exciting... but when you have a good friend who can FLY the plane... that's exciting!

So, yesterday around 5:00 pm, me and Sutton Shackelford took off for Jackson Hole, WY in our little DA-40 plane. This this is so tiny. When I first looked at it I said, "There is no way that this is going to get me off the ground!" But much to my surprise it got us off and going.


On the way to Jackson, the scenery was beyond amazing. We were flying over mountains, Bear Lake, some reservoir, and all these little rivers flowing. It was SO cool! We landed in Jackson Hole around 6, and Sutton had an amazing landing! So good! We parked the plane to get fuel and took and airport car to grab some dinner in town. I love Jackson Hole, and since Sutton had never been there I decided we needed to go all the way into town to show him around a little bit. Sutton got worried about having the car back in time, so we didn't look around too much, but enough to see how pretty it is.


After dinner we went back to the airport to take off. We got to the plane just as the sun was about to set over the Tetons, and it was gorgeous. I loved it. We took off and as we were flying home the sun continued to set. It was a little hazy, but that just made the sunset even prettier. I couldn't stop taking picture of how gorgeous and peaceful it was. I can see why Sutton loves flying as much as he does!


This picture is probably my favorite one. Although it doesn't do it justice. What a trip! THANKS SUTTON!

No comments:

Post a Comment